A FileRoom is a collection of documents that share the same Tags, making it easy to share sets of files with anyone via the FileRoom's public URL. There are two different ways to create a FileRoom in Basemap:
- On, the FileRooms page, click the "Create FileRoom" icon at the upper-left corner.
- On the project's Files page, when you've filtered the files using a Tag, the Create FileRoom icon appears next to the filtered Tag names.
With either option, the Create FileRoom page appears and, in the case of Option 2 above, the Tags field will be populated with your filtered Tag names. This ensures that files you add to your project are tagged in the same was as the files you're currently viewing. See below:
In either case, you can add, remove, or change the Tags that are used to create your FileRoom. As you type, the names of existing Tag that match what you've entered will appear as suggestions. Hit [TAB] to select the suggested Tag and use it with the FileRoom. See below:
The following fields can be used when creating a new FileRoom:
- Name - Give your FileRoom a name to identify it within the Project.
- Description - Give your FileRoom an optional description.
- Public URL Expiration - Give your FileRoom an optional expiration date. Your FileRoom's public URL will be inaccessible after this date.
- Contributors - Optionally manage FileRoom Contributors, who outside of your Project but being given special permission to add files to this FileRoom.
- Hide Contributor uploads - Check this box to hide Contributor uploads from other Contributors who visit the FileRoom at its public URL
- Tags - One or more project Tags that specify which files appear in the FileRoom.
Click the blue Save button after entering the FileRoom details.
The Project's FileRooms page displays a list of all the FileRooms in the Project. To later edit a FileRoom from this page, you can click the pencil icon to the left of its name.
Another option for editing a FileRoom is to click its name, which takes you into the FileRoom and displays its files, and then select the Edit Fileroom option in the upper right of the page: